Terms of service
By accessing www.discover.film (this website), you are agreeing to be bound by these terms & conditions of use, all applicable laws and regulations, and you agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are should not use or access this site. If you would like to discuss any of these terms & conditions, or if you are unsure of any of them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable local and global copyright and trade mark laws.
These terms & conditions were last updated on 22nd May 2018.
Permission is granted to access films and member profiles on the Discover.film website for your individual use or for your firm. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- – Modify or copy the materials (particularly films and member profiles).
- – Put the material in the public domain (e.g. by re-publishing or re-creating discover.film content and especially not by recording or otherwise copying film content).
- – Attempt to de-compile or reverse engineer any software contained on the discover.film website.
- – Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- – Transfer the materials to another person or â€œmirrorâ€ the materials on any other server.
This license shall be automatically terminated if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by discover.film at any time and for any reason (with or without cause). Upon terminating your viewing of these materials and films or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- – The films and their description and other materials provided on this discover.film website are provided â€œas isâ€.
- – Films are shown that are either already in the public domain or with permission of the film makers.
- – discover.film makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of sellability and merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights
Revisions and errata
In no event shall discover.film or its employees or other authorized representatives or other suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on discover.film, even if discover.film or a discover.film authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
The materials appearing on the discover.film site could include technical, typographical, photographic or videographic errors. discover.film does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. discover.film may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. discover.film does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials. If you have noticed information that you think is out of date or inaccurate (including links that no longer work correctly) please inform email@example.com.
discover.film has not reviewed all of the sites linked to or from www.discover.film and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by discover.film of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Films on Discover.film
If a film is submitted for inclusion on the site either directly or via third party sites such as film festival platforms all responsibility for music and other copyright clearance sits with the film maker/person submitting the film. If we include films on the site after review, we are doing so on the understanding that (a) the person submitting the film that they can declare that they have the right to the intellectual property of the film, (b) that they have taken reasonable steps to clear any copyright (such as music clearance) (c) had permission to film the people on the film and (d) that we can offer the films submitted in downloadable format.
If a film is already in the public domain, discover.film will either embed the film
using YouTube, Vimeo or other similar video hosting services or point a link to the relevant film.
In the event that you believe that any film or member content on discover.film shouldn’t be being shown because of copyright issues, please inform us via firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail as possible about the copyright or other publishing issue. In cases of disputed content, we will review the situation within 48 hours, and if the issues can’t be decided by ourselves within that time period, remove the content from the site until such time as we have concluded a full review of the facts of the relevant case.
- – Governing Law – Any claim relating to the discover.film website shall be governed by the laws of England.
- – GDPR – Data officer – All enquiries about GDPR or other data issues, should be sent to our data officer, Emma Gold – email@example.com.