Movies for mobile
Discover.film is changing the world of entertainment by making the exciting genre of short film mainstream.
Over 3 million viewers in 180+ countries watch Discover.film short form content each year. Our streaming platform is available on Google Play, App Store, Amazon Fire, Roku and Apple TV. Users can log-in across multiple devices, create playlists and download movies to watch offline.
The Discover Film Awards is one of the biggest short film festivals in the world. Packages of our short form entertainment can be watched on planes, trains, in hotels and via telecoms companies.
Discover.film in onboard entertainment systems:
The central hub for short form content creators
- Discover.film receives over 5,000 short films, documentaries and dramas per year. Our team review these in order to acquire the best short form entertainment in episodes of typically less than 15 minutes.
- We work with special effects designers, animation studios, film schools and other content producers around the world to source short movies and other short form entertainment.
- Our own distribution platform gives film makers a global audience across an array of devices.
- We acquire rights from filmmakers and offer them paid distribution opportunities.
- Brands can purchase video packages pre-tested with real world audiences. These can be with Discover.film branding or as a white label solution.
Why the mobile movie market is growing
The world of tv & film is changing.
- With viewers, attention spans are getting shorter.
- The roll out of 5G globally means that watching movies on mobile is increasing.
- With short film producers, budgets are increasing and technology is improving rapidly.
- The wider tv market is fragmenting with huge growth in direct to consumer OTT (over-the-top) delivery.
- Brands are increasing getting involved with short form content as an innovative way of connecting with an audience.
However, with all this change supply isn’t meeting demand. One issue is that viewers can’t find the very best short movies as the sources are fragmented. Another issue is that content creators aren’t aware of which video on demand platforms will license their films. In addition, the platforms aren’t aware of the best short films.
Discover.film is fixing these problems.
Brands we partner with
We work with a wide range of institutions. A selection are listed below.
Discover.film in numbers
- 3 million+ viewers of short films per year on various platforms in 180+ countries.
- These viewers watch 100,000+ hours of our short form entertainment each year.
- 5,000+ submissions to film festivals annually from over 100 countries.
- Content in top 10% of most watched on trains & planes.
- 1,500+ tv and film professionals, filmmakers and social influencers attend events.
- 100,000+ downloads of apps.
What people are saying about Discover.film
“The Discover Film Awards shows that the Phoenix is not just a cinema with a great past, but one which has an important part to play in the future of filmmaking.”
“They are a cutting-edge content provider. The short films curated by Discover.film are some of the very best in the industry.”
“I had such a great time. What a wonderful festival!”
“Genuine promotion of their award winners and shorts in general. Without a doubt one of the best festivals out there.”
“‘From someone who watches a lot of content, I can tell you that the short films from Discover.film are such a refreshing change.”
“Love Discover.film and their content.”
“The Discover Film Awards showcases the crème de la crème of movie shorts.”