Discover.film – changing the world of entertainment
Discover.film is changing the world of entertainment by making the exciting genre of short film mainstream. We source the very best short films (typically between 5 and 15 minutes), documentaries and dramas and deliver them as an OTT (over-the-top) video on demand platform available online or streamed to a smart TV, PC, Mac, mobile or tablet. Our short form content can also be downloaded to watch offline in the Discover.film app – perfect for commuting, holidays and watching on the go.
We host one of the biggest short film festivals in the world, The Discover Film Awards, from which we source short form content and get filmmakers an audience by distributing to cinemas, planes, trains and video on demand channels. Over 1.5 million people watch our short films, documentaries and dramas. Data from these viewers show that this content is in the top 10 per cent on trains and planes and they are more likely to watch all the way through than viewers of longer films.
Discover.film in onboard entertainment systems:
We are growing the viewing audience for short form content by:
- Reviewing over 5,000 short films, documentaries and dramas per year to select and license the very best.
- Matching content to audience demographics.
- Running a distribution platform to deliver short form content to a global audience across an array of devices.
- Distributing to other platforms including cinemas, tv, planes and trains.
- Constantly testing and refining what we are showing audiences and learning what works best.
Why the short form content market is growing
The world of film & tv is changing:
- With viewers, attention spans are getting shorter.
- With short film producers, budgets are increasing and technology is improving, leading to increasing quality.
- The wider tv market is fragmenting with huge growth in direct to consumer OTT (over-the-top) delivery.
- There are more and more outlets for short films, all looking for new forms of innovative, edgy and entertaining content.
However, with all this change supply isn’t meeting demand. Viewers can’t find the very best short films as the sources are fragmented and they can’t easily watch them when they want to on multiple devices or offline. Filmmakers aren’t aware of which video on demand platforms license short films and the platforms aren’t aware of the best short form content.
Discover.film is fixing these problems.
Who we are
The Discover.film team are a mixture of passionate filmmakers, content professionals and entrepreneurs who have started and run successful global media, technology and data businesses.
Discover.film in numbers
- 1.5 million+ viewers of short form content annually on various platforms
- These viewers watch 100,000+ hours of our content each year
- 5,000+ submissions to our film festival annually from over 70 countries
- 1,500+ tv and film professionals, fimmakers and social influencers attend our events
- 50,000+ downloads of app
Brands we partner with
We work with a wide range of institutions – a selection are listed below.
What people are saying about us
“The Discover Film Awards shows that the Phoenix is not just a cinema with a great past, but one which has an important part to play in the future of filmmaking.”
“They are a cutting-edge content provider. The short films curated by Discover.film are some of the very best in the industry.”
“I had such a great time. What a wonderful festival!”
“Genuine promotion of their award winners and shorts in general. Without a doubt one of the best festivals out there.”
“‘From someone who watches a lot of content, I can tell you that the short films from Discover.film are such a refreshing change.”
“A really inspiring experience with great support for independent filmmakers.”
“The Discover Film Awards showcases the crème de la crème of movie shorts.”