Movies for mobile
Discover.film is changing the world of entertainment by making the exciting genre of short film mainstream. We source the very best short movies, documentaries & dramas that are perfect for mobile as they are typically between 5 and 15 minutes. Our streaming service is available on the App Store, Google Play, Amazon Fire, Roku and Apple TV. Movies can be downloaded to watch offline in our apps which are perfect for commuting, holidays and watching on the go.
We host one of the biggest short film festivals in the world, The Discover Film Awards, from which we source the best short movies. Discover.film gets content creators an audience by distributing their films to cinemas, planes, trains, hotels as well as other video on demand channels. Data from the viewers on these platforms show that our short form entertainment is in the top 10 per cent most watched on trains and planes.
Over 2 million viewers in 216 countries watch our films each year.
Discover.film in onboard entertainment systems:
The central hub for short form content creators
- Discover.film receives over 5,000 short films, documentaries and dramas per year – our team review these & license the best.
- We work with special effects designers, animation studios and film schools around the world to source short movies.
- Our own distribution platform gives film makers a global audience across an array of devices.
- We connect film makers with paid distribution and investment opportunities.
Why the mobile movie market is growing
The world of tv & film is changing:
- With viewers, attention spans are getting shorter.
- The roll out of 5G globally means that watching movies on mobile is increasing.
- With short film producers, budgets are increasing and technology is improving, which is leading to increasing quality.
- The wider tv market is fragmenting with huge growth in direct to consumer OTT (over-the-top) delivery.
However, with all this change supply isn’t meeting demand. Viewers can’t find the very best short movies as the sources are fragmented so they can’t easily watch them when they want to on multiple devices or offline. Content creators aren’t aware of which video on demand platforms will license their films and the platforms aren’t aware of the best short films.
Discover.film is fixing these problems.
The Discover.film team
The Discover.film team are a mixture of passionate filmmakers, developers and entrepreneurs who have started and run successful global media, technology and data businesses. The senior management team consists of:
- Founder VentureSource Europe, an online technology database business that was backed by Reuters Venture Capital before being successfully sold to Dow Jones.
- Created, built and ran Data Reports for YouGov Plc and grew to profitable multi-million business in UK, Europe and Asia.
Sarah Jane Thomson
- Founded Thomson Intermedia (Ebiquity) whilst pregnant with her first son and floated it 3 years later for £30m before building it as CEO of Plc to over £100m.
- Founder of First News, which is the biggest read children’s publication in the UK with a weekly readership of 2 million.
- Filmmaker and senior exec who has produced TV series and films for BBC, Sky, ABC, Nat Geo and Channel 4.
- Jaine has won numerous TV accolades including a National TV Award, finalist at BAFTA Mental Health and multiple awards as a short film maker including Palm Springs.
Discover.film in numbers
- 2 million+ viewers of short films on various platforms in 216 countries.
- These viewers watch 100,000+ hours of our movies each year.
- 5,000+ submissions to our film festival annually from over 100 countries.
- 1,500+ tv and film professionals, fimmakers and social influencers attend our events.
- 50,000+ downloads of movie apps.
Brands we partner with
We work with a wide range of institutions – a selection are listed below.
What people are saying about Discover.film
“The Discover Film Awards shows that the Phoenix is not just a cinema with a great past, but one which has an important part to play in the future of filmmaking.”
“They are a cutting-edge content provider. The short films curated by Discover.film are some of the very best in the industry.”
“I had such a great time. What a wonderful festival!”
“Genuine promotion of their award winners and shorts in general. Without a doubt one of the best festivals out there.”
“‘From someone who watches a lot of content, I can tell you that the short films from Discover.film are such a refreshing change.”
“Love Discover.film and their content.”
“The Discover Film Awards showcases the crème de la crème of movie shorts.”