This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page and was updated on 18th March 2021. For questions about this policy, please email customersupport @ discover.film
(2) Right to be forgotten
We are compliant with GDPR. If you believe that we might be storing any information about you and you would like to know what this is, please email customersupport @ discover.film with your first name, last name and email address from the email address that you want to enquire about and we will provide you with an electronic copy of information that we are storing. If you would like us to permanently delete all the information that we are storing about you, please again write to us with your first name, last name and email from the email and/or phone number that you want information removing about and we will remove all information about you form our systems within 28 days.
We gather and use certain data about individuals in order to provide those individuals with access to the films on this website and in our apps and, in particular, to enable registrations and subscriptions to this website and in our apps and to create member profiles, which give you a better viewing experience by allowing you to opt in to additional information about films. We control access to the films and member profiles on this site and in our apps to real people (rather than algorithms) by asking people to give us their email address and/or phone number in order to create a member profile.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use our website and our apps to present timely, relevant information to them and by aggregating this data, we can select films that are more appropriate for our viewing audiences.
(4) The data that we gather
We collate some of the following information:
- Contact information (either Email address and/or telephone number). This enables you to have a personalised account and re-set passwords.
- Website and app usage data
- From time to time, other data that you give to us via surveys (e.g. demographic data) – it is up to you if you want to complete our surveys and you can opt out of them at any time.
- Other information pertaining to special offers • Username (so that you can login to our services) • IP address and device (to help authenticate user location as some films are only available in certain geographies and will not stream correctly on some devices) This information is collected from information that you choose to provide to Discover.film (e.g. by filling out forms and completing surveys) or when you agree for third parties to pass this information on to Discover.film. This would be when you tick a box, for example, to allow login with another service that you use.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for with films, enabling us to deliver an improved range of films on the website and in our apps.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the content on the Discover.film website and apps, and any time we stream films to you.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry • To customise the website, apps and film streaming experience for you • To send you a newsletter emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you (we will contact you no more than once per month and you can opt out of this contact at any time). We will only contact you when you have specifically opted in to our email service which we will make clear to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons (again only if you have specifically and clearly given us permission to do this).
- To send push notifications if appropriate in your app or set top box settings. If this is a setting, you can turn it off.
- To combine with other data to make our social media and ad technology targeting more efficient.
- To remind you and customers like you on social media about our services.
(5) Cookies and how we use them
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit and how long they stay on those pages.
• Analyse web traffic using services that monitor analytics. In this case, aggregated usage data helps Discover.film improve our website structure, design, content and functions.
• Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site (or whether you need to register).
• Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with film information that you will find more relevant and interesting. • To recognise when you return to our website (so that you don’t always have to fill out the sign-up form). We may show your relevant films and content, provide functionality you used previously, and sometimes, log you in automatically (if you have selected this option). Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
When using our app based and other services such as our website – you are also consenting to pixel tracking. Pixel tracking is like cookie tracking as outlined above but user information such as type of device used and operating system is sent to a server and is used to offer you a better ad experience so you only see relevant ads.
(6) Controlling information about you
Sometimes, when you fill in a form or provide your details on discover.film or in our apps, or consent for third parties to share information, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• Opt-in or opt-out to receive marketing communications from us by email and/or social channels You can change your newsletter preferences under your profile or send an email to customersupport @ discover.film or unsubscribe when you receive a newsletter from us (this option will be clearly available at the bottom of the newsletter).
Any personal that information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and EU GDPR.
Discover.film will always hold your information securely, on a firewall and complex password protected database where IP addresses are monitored and screened. Our databases are stored with best in class security provided by Threat Aware – with multiple layers of data protection and data redundancies.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented robust physical and electronic security safeguards including using secured cloud based servers to secure our databases, https, using a firewall and enforcing strong password protection.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
Our security team monitor our servers and, in any case of a suspected breach have a set procedure to follow, including if necessary informing various partner entities and local authorities.
(8) Links from our website, apps, and channels to external content
Where our websites, apps and other forms of our streaming service contains links to other websites, these links are sometimes embedded from our own systems and sometimes it’s a direct link to another system (such as imdb to give more information on a film). In any cases where we link to somewhere outside of our control – we will make it clear with text around the link about where we are linking and why. For example, when we link to our social media accounts, we will clearly state where we are linking and what will happen if you click on a link. We are not responsible for the privacy actions of these websites and apps- you should check their privacy policies.
(9) How long we store information
Individual user information is stored for as long as you are interacting with our service in some way and for as long as you might in the future. If you cease interacting with any of our services, then we will keep your data for as long as we have a reasonable expectation that you might want to user our service again and stream some of our content in the future. If you decide that you will never use our service again, please email us at customersupport @ discover.film and let us know and we will remove your account and data. We periodically review all user account data and remove accounts that will clearly not be using the service again.
(10) Disclosure to third parties
(11) Children’s privacy
discover.film does not knowingly collect any personal information from individuals under the age of 16. If you are a parent or legal guardian who has discovered that your child has provided personal information through the discover.film Service without your consent, you can ask us to remove such unauthorized information by contacting us at customersupport @ discover.film
(12a) Dispute resolution
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint. We encourage you to begin by contacting our Data Protection Officer. We endeavour to respond to requests promptly. E.U. residents have the right to lodge complaints with the data protection authority of their country of residence.
(12b) Contact us
If you have any support questions, please contact us at customersupport @ discover.film marking your email for attention of our Data Protection Officer.
Notice: Undefined index: add_css_text in /livesite-mountpoint/html/wp-content/plugins/themify-vvimeo-register-form/templates/template-themifyvvimeoregisterform.php on line 18
Notice: Undefined index: background_repeat in /livesite-mountpoint/html/wp-content/plugins/themify-vvimeo-register-form/templates/template-themifyvvimeoregisterform.php on line 19