How to use our movie apps
Watch the world’s best short films in our movie apps available on mobile and TV or watch online. Discover.film sources the very best short films (typically between 5 and 15 minutes) that are perfect for watching on mobile. Use your iPhone, iPad, Laptop, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast or Android device to watch movies where and when you want.
Installing the free movie app
To install the movie app on your device simply type “Discover Film” into the Amazon Fire, Roku or Apple search on your smart TV or into the App Store or Google Play if on mobile. You can save films to ‘watch lists’ and download films to watch offline – perfect for commuting, travel, waiting or while relaxing.
Install now and watch free films that you want to watch, when you want to watch them on mobile and TV or stream online.
Why download our movie apps?
- Watch 100s of free films (typically between 5 and 15 mins), specially curated by our expert panel of filmmakers.
- Download films within the app to watch offline, which is perfect while travelling, waiting or relaxing.
- We feature action, documentaries, dramas, horror, sci-fi, comedy and family friendly so there is something for everyone.
- New short movies are added every day so you always have something new to watch.
- Stream to TV, mobile or web.
If you are a filmmaker, why have your film in the app?
- Promote your short film to a worldwide audience of viewers from over 200 countries.
- The movie apps are built by filmmakers for filmmakers, and we ensure only the very best short films will be placed alongside yours.
- Get seen by content buyers from airlines, TV and VOD platforms.
Free film download – how to download movies to your phone
For mobile app users, once registered, you can download films and store them within the app to watch offline. This is great for commuting, holidays or when on the go without wifi.
If you want to watch a short movie when you are not connected to wifi or your phone/cell network, then you can choose to sync (i.e. download) movies to your iPhone or iPad or Android device using the Discover Film app.
- Download and open the movie app on your iPhone or iPad or Android device.
- Navigate to the video that you want to sync/download within the app.
- On the movie of your choice, tap the offline sync button to start downloading the video to your device.
- We advise doing this over wifi – if over your phone/cell network, please be aware of you data usage.
- Once the video download is complete, you are free to disconnect from wifi or your phone/cell network.
- You can watch or delete your synced movies by clicking the menu button, and then offline videos. Click the X button to remove the movie from your device.
How do I Chromecast movies?
From your computer
- Login to the Discover.film video on demand platform and go to a movie page.
- Click the Chromecast button in your Chrome browser of if you don’t have a button, go to settings (3 dots top right of screen), and then select ‘cast’ from the options.
- Select the Chromecast device that you want to connect to.
- If successful, Chromecast will then be connected and your movie will be playing on your TV.
- To disconnect from Chromecast, click the Chromecast button, then the ‘stop casting’ button, or again go to settings and select ‘stop casting’ from the options.
From your Android device
- Make sure your phone and your Chromecast are connected to the same wifi network.
- Open the Android movie app. Your videos will load.
- When you start playing a movie, tap the “cast” button that appears in the lower right side of the video controls.
- Choose the Chromecast device from the options that appear.
- Once connected, your video player screen will change to let you know that the movie you are watching is now on your primary cast screen.