Discover.film – changing the world of entertainment
Discover.film is changing the world of entertainment, for the first time making the exciting genre of short film mainstream. We source the best short films from around the world and give them a platform.
Why short films are great
The best kind of stories are told in short movies. The kind of stories that make you laugh. Or Cry. That entertain, shock and amaze. Best of all, they take up less than 15 minutes of your time. This makes short movies perfect for short journeys, short breaks and short attention spans!
In the early years of movies (1900 – 1920), when people went to variety shows in theatres, short films were the norm. It was only with the introduction of television in the 1930’s and 1940’s, that movie producers started producing longer epic films to get people into cinemas. The internet is reversing this trend.
Against this backdrop the founders of discover.film (who have started and run successful global media, technology and data businesses) decided to to create a multi-media platform for short film distribution.
Who we are
What we offer
- intuitive consumer app
- multi-media streaming service
- online interactive filmmaker community
- rapidly growing film festival
- cinema and other multi-channel distribution
How we can help brands
- We can get your brand in front of over 400,000 film makers and other creatives
- It’s not just about the numbers, filmmakers and other creatives we work with are social influencers
- We work with universities and other student bodies so can get you talking with the filmmakers of tomorrow
- We work closely with key decision makers in cinemas, film clubs and content platforms
- We have 15,000+ active social media followers and 8,000+ members of our own interactive creative community
Brands we partner with
We work with a wide range of institutions – a selection are listed below.
What people are saying about us
“The discover.film awards show that the Phoenix is not just a cinema with a great past, but one which has an important part to play in the future of filmmaking.”
“Smart, passionate film-making pros behind this fest, and it shows in what they take seriously (the films and relationships with filmmakers) and what they don’t take seriously (anything requiring fun).”
“Fantastic festival! Discussed my film and other films with fans and filmmakers throughout the night and into the awards, which consisted of great food, drink and a very fun evening! Highly recommended to get involved with these guys.”
“What a spectacular weekend. Fantastic films, great company, and an abundance of encouragement and inspiration to take away.”