Discover.film – changing the world of entertainment
Discover.film is changing the world of entertainment by making the exciting genre of short film mainstream. We source the very best short films globally and give them a platform through video on demand, a proprietary mobile app, multi-channel distribution and one of the biggest short film festivals in the world, The Discover Film Awards. Brands can commission new bespoke films for marketing from our creative network of over 400,000 filmmakers. People who watch our films are more likely to enjoy them as we use data from 500,000 viewers to create better matching of short film content with audience demographics.
Discover.film in onboard entertainment systems:
We work with filmmakers by:
- Hosting one of the biggest short film festivals in the world, The Discover Film Awards, which is attended by filmmakers, journalists, short film buyers and investors.
- Offering cash funds totalling over $60,000 annually including the prestigious Craghoppers Film Prize and script writing awards.
- Getting short films seen by a wide audience globally including in cinemas, on planes & trains and video on demand platforms.
- Connecting filmmakers with funding sources for future projects.
- Advising on how to make better films, whether through lectures at universities, seminars or hands on one-to-one advice.
We work with short film buyers by:
- Watching over 5,000 short films per year to select the very best globally.
- Ensuring that films have music and other clearances for streaming or broadcast.
- Testing with real world audiences to ensure that films will be successful.
- Creating unique seasonal packages of films.
- Using data from distribution platforms to better match short films with various demographics.
Trailer from our latest film festival:
Why the short film market is growing
The world of film & tv is changing:
- With viewers, attention spans are getting shorter.
- With producers, budgets are increasing and technology is improving, leading to increasing quality.
- Brands are getting directly involved in online video creation.
- There are more and more outlets for short films, all looking for new forms of innovative, edgy and entertaining content.
However, with all this change supply isn’t meeting demand. Brands can’t find the best new talent in filmmaking, makers of short films can’t find the right funding sources and buyers of short films aren’t getting the best content.
Discover.film is fixing these problems.
Who we are
The Discover.film team are a mixture of passionate filmmakers, content professionals and entrepreneurs who have started and run successful global media, technology and data businesses.
Discover.film in numbers
- Network of over 400,000 filmmakers
- 4,000+ film submissions to film festival annually from over 60 countries
- 1,500+ senior TV and film professionals attend festival
- 50,000+ downloads of app
- 500,000+ viewers of short films annually on various platforms
Brands we partner with
We work with a wide range of institutions – a selection are listed below.
What people are saying about us
“The Discover Film Awards shows that the Phoenix is not just a cinema with a great past, but one which has an important part to play in the future of filmmaking.”
“Genuine promotion of their award winners and shorts in general. Without a doubt one of the best festivals out there.”
“They are a cutting-edge content provider. The short films curated by Discover.film are some of the very best in the industry.”
“A really inspiring experience with great support for independent filmmakers.”
“The Discover Film Awards showcases the crème de la crème of movie shorts.”