Discover.film – changing the world of entertainment
Discover.film is changing the world of entertainment by making the exciting genre of short film mainstream. We source the very best short films and documentaries globally and act as an OTT (over-the-top) content deliverer with video on demand, a proprietary mobile app, multi-channel distribution and one of the biggest short film festivals in the world, The Discover Film Awards. Brands can commission new bespoke films for marketing or internal communications from our creative network of over 400,000 filmmakers. Over 1 million people watch our films each year. Data from these viewers show that our content is in the top 10 per cent on trains and planes and viewers of our films and documentaries are more likely to watch them all the way through than viewers of longer films.
Discover.film in onboard entertainment systems:
We work with filmmakers by:
- Hosting one of the biggest short film festivals in the world, The Discover Film Awards, which is attended by filmmakers, journalists, short film buyers and investors.
- Offering cash funds totalling over $60,000 annually including the prestigious Craghoppers Film Prize and script writing awards.
- Getting short films seen by a wide audience globally including in cinemas, on planes & trains and video on demand platforms.
- Connecting filmmakers with organisations that can support their projects such as music licensors and kit hire companies.
- Connecting filmmakers with funding sources for future projects.
We are growing the viewing audience for short form content by:
- Reviewing over 5,000 short films and documentaries per year to select the very best globally.
- Matching video content to audience demographics.
- Distributing across a range of platforms including web, planes, trains and cinemas.
- Creating a distribution platform to deliver the very best short films to a global audience across an array of devices.
- Constantly testing and refining what we are showing audiences and learning what works best.
Sample short film and documentary content:
Why the short film market is growing
The world of film & tv is changing:
- With viewers, attention spans are getting shorter.
- With short film producers, budgets are increasing and technology is improving, leading to increasing quality.
- The wider tv market is fragmenting with huge growth in direct to consumer (so called OTT – over-the-top) delivery.
- There are more and more outlets for short films, all looking for new forms of innovative, edgy and entertaining content.
However, with all this change supply isn’t meeting demand. Brands can’t find the best new talent in film making, makers of short films can’t find the right funding sources and viewers of short form content aren’t getting to see the very best short films.
Discover.film is fixing these problems.
Who we are
The Discover.film team are a mixture of passionate filmmakers, content professionals and entrepreneurs who have started and run successful global media, technology and data businesses.
Discover.film in numbers
- Network of over 400,000 filmmakers
- 4,000+ film submissions to film festival annually from over 60 countries
- 1,500+ senior TV and film professionals attend festival
- 50,000+ downloads of app
- 1 million+ viewers of short films annually on various platforms
Brands we partner with
We work with a wide range of institutions – a selection are listed below.
What people are saying about us
“The Discover Film Awards shows that the Phoenix is not just a cinema with a great past, but one which has an important part to play in the future of filmmaking.”
“Genuine promotion of their award winners and shorts in general. Without a doubt one of the best festivals out there.”
“They are a cutting-edge content provider. The short films curated by Discover.film are some of the very best in the industry.”
“A really inspiring experience with great support for independent filmmakers.”
“The Discover Film Awards showcases the crème de la crème of movie shorts.”